Create a 2-5 minute video sharing your favorite garden tip for home gardeners...
The best tip will win up to $10,000 for your garden's educational program and will be announced at the February 15-17, 2023 Nature Talks Education Community Symposium.
A selection of videos will be shared with the participants of the 2023 Great Grow Along Virtual Garden Festival, March 10-19, 2023 with an additional People's Choice Award going to the most relevant and helpful video (prize TBD).
Videos can be on any one of these topics:
- Small Space Gardening
- Seeds & Soil
- Time/Energy-Saving Gardening
- Flower Gardening
- Mindful/Wellness Gardening
- Gardening for Wildlife
- Sustainability Gardening
Videos will be accepted July-December 2022
Enter as many times as you like!
Guidelines on recording and submitting:
- Save files as .mp4 or .mov
- Minimum resolution: 1280 x 720
- Max file size: 1GB
No graphics (logos, names/titles, etc.) - we’ll edit all the Hort Hints and include those elements for
- No music - we’ll add music when we edit
- Shoot horizontally - using your phone is just fine
- Make sure there’s no weird/unsightly stuff in the background of your video
- Sometimes it is good to film in a slightly shady spot, so the sun doesn’t make you squint or wash out the video
If your hint includes a demo, it’s ok to edit the segments together (you talking, then the demo) or we can do it
For a complete guide with tips on creating and submitting your Hort Hint, visit: Hort Hints Submission Guidelines